Dietitian & Lactation Consultant
B.Nutr.Diet., APD, IBCLC, Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education (Counselling), Certificate of Paediatric Nutrition and Dietetics
Nicole worked as a clinical dietitian at The Alfred Hospital for 15 years and has a wealth of acute clinical experience across many areas; most recently in critical care. After having her two children, she qualified as a Breastfeeding Counsellor with the Australian Breastfeeding Association, and continues to support women on the National Breastfeeding Helpline. Desire to know more led her to qualify as a Lactation Consultant and complete paediatric nutrition training. Her interests include the following.
Infants to Early Adolescence Health:
- Growth and breast/mixed feeding
- Fussy eating
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Progression onto solids
- Gastrointestinal issues (e.g. low FODMAP diets)
- Vegetarian and vegan diets.
Breast Feeding Concerns:
- Antenatal breastfeeding education
- Sore nipples/breasts,
- Low and over supply
- Positioning and attachment
- Mastitis, thrush, vasospasm, white spot
- Breast refusal, fussy babies, sleep and settling.
Women’s Nutrition for:
- Hormonal changes (e.g. PCOS, endometriosis and menopause), gestational diabetes, weight management and gastrointestinal issues (e.g. low FODMAP diets).
Nicole understands the challenges involved with feeding a growing family, in a busy world of often conflicting nutrition information. Nicole’s approach is holistic and evidence-based, with a strong focus on sustainable nutrition and feeding advice to support optimal health and growth which can be integrated into a family’s lifestyle, to nurture them throughout the spectrum of life, always with warmth and empathy.